Monday, March 19, 2012

Overwhelming Support!

It is hard to comprehend the amount of work that goes into planning a festival until you plan one. I never thought in my life I would be doing this...but boy am I glad I am! Planning FLO Fest is one my greatest stresses but also brings me more joy than I ever could have imagined. But please don't allow me to convince you that I do it all by myself....because that is just not the case!

The first 2 years were a stuggle, trying to find bands to play and tackling obstacles we never could have foreseen. Then the planning of the 3rd year came about...and I became overwhelmed with support. I had bands calling me, I had people donating for start up costs and a list of volunteers a mile long.

Having this overwhelming support has strengthened my will to carry on with the event. There have been times when I just wanted to call it quits. I wanted to give up and let somebody else do it. I was just done. But then I think of all the people, mostly the children, that I would let down. Children who have come to rely on us for just a little help in their grand battle with life and death. The thought of their strength allows me to continue.

Gena & Aunt Sherri
The support of my family, friends and community members has also moved me to continue hosting the event. And here I must point out the people who deserve more recognition that I!

My Aunt Sherri, for she started this grand venture and allowed me to take it and run with it. Without her ideas and her support...FLO Fest would have never formed.

My sister, Gena, for her tremendous support. She has always been there for me throughout my life and this is just another aspect of our relationship...the planning of FLO Fest. She is my right-hand woman...one of the only people in the world I would feel comfortable handing the reins to.

Uncle Steve & Aunt Tammi
My Mom and Dad, for their determination in life that has been instilled in me since I was a child. For their encouragement to be who I am and do what I feel is right. For their love and support...something I can not ever thank them enough for!

My Uncle Steve, for his continued support. A man who is so generous as to let us tear up his field for a night and use enough electricity to power the mall for a day! Without him...we would have no FLO Fest!

Friends...many, many friends!


My friends, all of which are never too busy to help. People who I call family even though we are not related. Men and women who come together for a cause! You all know who you are...this blog would be a mile long if I attempted to list you all!

And last but not least, my Papa. Whose life journey has inspired me to be the best person I can be. To help those in need and to never take for granted what we have, no matter how little it is.




No comments:

Post a Comment